I modified one of my favorite peanut butter cake recipes to get these delicious mini doughnuts!
Instead of shortening, I used coconut oil and instead of milk, I used coconut milk.
When I try a new recipe, I try to cut it down as far as I can. Mostly because gluten-free ingredients are expensive and it hurts in the checkbook when the recipe is a failure. I made half the recipe & got about 2 dozen mini donuts. Next time, I will make the full recipe.
P.S. Using peanut butter in gluten free recipes helps the batter hold together!
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- Sift together in medium bowl: gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add peanut butter, coconut oil and 2/3 cup coconut milk
- Beat for 2 minutes (150 strokes per minute)
- Add remaining coconut milk and 2 eggs (unbeaten)
- Beat additional 2 minutes
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees